Sunday, May 20, 2007

A few things


Yesterday, Guy and I went to Cambridge to meet his mum and her partner, Nick. If you've never been, Cambridge is a lovely place (not a city--no Cathedral) and the weather made it even better yesterday. We arrived around noon and had a cup of coffee. We then went for a walk along the river Cam and then we went punting. No, it didn't involve a ball of any sort. Punting is a boating activity that can be done in Cambridge. We paid somebody else to do it for us instead of trying to brave it ourselves, and it was lovely. The punter gave us a lovely tour of the colleges we passed and we enjoyed the sunshine and lovely views. It was a bit odd to meet Isobel and Nick, but they were lovely and we had a good day.

I'm moving in five weeks. I really can't believe that it's that close. It physically hurts to think about it sometimes. But it's coming, whether I like it or not. I'm moving to a place in southeast Missouri called Advance. Don't say it how you normally would. It's AD-vance. Small town, fairly small congregation, apparently lots of potential. That's about all I know at this point. I'll fly home on 23rd June and move into the parsonage on 28th June. God help.

Before, then, though, I'm going to Paris! Yep, next Monday, Guy and I are headed to Paris for a few days. Neither of us have ever been there, so it should be good fun. It'll be my last continental hurrah before doing moving back stateside.

Ready or not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home