Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Cat through the Window

Yes, this morning, as I sat in my lounge doing my devotions, I look up and in the reflection on the TV I see movement in the kitchen. I look, and it's a cat! Its been quite warm the past couple of days...yesterday I think it got up to 33 or 34 in some places (that's celsius folks...close to 90 farenheit) and since I don't have AC, I open up the windows. Well, the windows don't have screens! So a cat crawled through this morning. Didn't much like it when it found me in the house, but I'm really not too sorry about that.

Today's the official start date for me. Though, as E pointed out, it certainly feels like I've already started. With dinners and trips to the coast (fantastic, by the way) and games on the glebe, I'm starting to be part of the community. The meetings can begin now, I guess...which they will...in earnest. I'm quite at a loss as to what to be doing. I can work on my sermon, but I've already been familiarizing myself with the area for the last 2 weeks or so. I've got a couple calls to make...but nothing magic is happening as one might suspect given the big deal made by "1 September". So today I have a wedding to go to, a music rehearsal that I might go to...and a sermon to write. Other things I can't really do until I get a printer (which I hope is before Sunday so I can print out my sermon). But then again, as FZ might say--Blessed are the flexible, as they will not be bent out of shape!

Many of you have asked about pictures...they're coming...but not until I get broadband set up. Which was supposed to be last week, but the equipment they sent was faulty, so I'm waiting for the replacements to arrive (hopefully today or tomorrow).

I hope you all are well. Many thanks for the comments! You all rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home