Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Quick Thoughts of the Week and some other stuff, too

Nursing homes are about the same wherever you go.

So is the need for chocolate at the end of a long day.

People in churches have a very strong desire to bring children and youth into their congregation...but haven't a clue how to do it or the willingness to put forth the effort to try.

I heard the most awful song on Sunday...by a very popular group, apparently, and it repeats the same line over and over again, ad nausium: "It's all about you, it's all about you..." If ever there was a song to capture the spirit of the times...(and of course, I can't get it out of my head)

If commenters on this site what their comments taken seriously, then sign your name.

Church meetings are church meetings wherever you go.

Everybody suffers inadequacy attacks at the beginning of a new job.

It's amazing how much friendlier and more helpful people get when you wear a clerical collar (or dog collar in the ecclesial vernacular).

What I wouldn't give for a tall glass of anything with more than 3 ice cubes in it.

What I wouldn't give for a tall glass.

Teddy bears are universal.

So are spiders.

One doesn't appreciate wall decorations until you have none.

Media everywhere know how to mutilate a dead horse.

England retains the Ashes!

How does anyone get into football over here, when you can't get into a game nor do they air them on television (but they still have the "experts" on hour-long shows with no commercials to talk about these games that you can never see.)

I miss ESPN.

It's weird to call football "American football" and soccer football.

On the back of my peanut butter jar (my comments in parentheses): "Try topping your peanut butter with banana (which i just did...), COOKED CHICKEN (ew...), or even Marmite yeast extract (what is that?).'

That's about it for now. I'm spent. More about the ecumenical covenant signing service later in the week (probably after the service on Sunday).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't do ice in the UK, they sure don't! :-)
Kisses,
Pedro

Thu Sep 15, 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

First of all I just randomly found your site because it was saved on someone computer I was using. I recently started a blog called Thoughts of a Common Sense Man.

I love the name Sarah. It looks like you write fun stuff. Thanks!

Thu Sep 15, 06:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home