Saturday, November 12, 2005

Life goes on...

Yes, I know. I'm horrible. I really meant to post this time last week. I had it all typed up and ready to go...and then I lost my connection and consequently all I had written. Then this week happened, and all my good intentions to write got put on a back burner.

Lots has gone on since I last wrote. First of all, I took my first holiday! Yep, took a few days off and travelled down to Poole, which is on the south coast. We spent all day Sunday travelling around--went to the ruins of an old castle, to Lulworth Cove, and Durdle Door (yep, that's what it's called!). On Monday, we went to Winchester and Salisbury to see the Cathedrals. We "laid in" (slept in) that morning, so got away late. Thus, because it takes forever and a day to get anywhere in this country, we didn't get to see Salisbury Cathedral in daylight...which I'm told is a must. However, when we got there, the tourists had all vacated for the day. It was so nice and peaceful and even holy. The shadows and quietness was amazing. I almost wished I didn't have anybody with me so I could just enjoy the moment. But, such is life! On Tuesday, we spent most of the day in the car and travelled to Devon and saw an old castle. We had just as much fun driving up as we did at the castle itself! We saw lots and lots of pheasant. Then, on Wednesday, on the way back, we stopped at Windsor Castle...which was really cool.

Then, I got back here and things all went haywire. Nothing bad happened, really. It's just that having been gone and the way the preaching plan has worked out, I feel very out of touch with my congregations. This week will be the first week in a month that I'll actually be at one of my churches on Sunday morning. This is definitely a system I'm not falling in love with.

Went to a liscensing service for the new Vicar in one of my villages on Wednesday. It was a very nice service except for the bat that stared at me the whole time (saw another one last night, actually). And then there was the part where he had to pledge his allegiance to the Queen and to the Bishop. I cringed at those things. But otherwise, it was a rich and meaningful service. We even sang some cool hymns (though the organist was as old as the building!).

Other things to note. One of my churches doesn't have heat. I had a two hour meeting there last night. It was really cold. And they made fun of me.

It gets dark at 4:30 now. 4:30. Insanity.

Going to Bath (not to shower or cleanse myself) next week. Should be a good time, though couldn't come at a worse time.

But a very exciting thing...Pedro's coming to visit! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home